We recognise that Bowak has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the janitorial, cleaning and hygiene industries.
It is the policy of Bowak to:
- Maintain an environmental system designed to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 in pursuit of its primary objectives, the purpose and the context of the organisation;
- Meet, and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation;
- Work with a network of reputable suppliers who take responsibility for ensuring that their manufacturing operations are environmentally considerate;
- Provide customers with product demonstrations, training material and general advice regarding product best practice, in order to aid users to maximise efficiency and minimise waste;
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of their individual obligations in respect of this environmental policy;
- Maintain a management system that will achieve these objectives and seek continual improvement in the effectiveness and performance of our management system.
Make continous increases in the:
- Proportion of recycled material used in product packaging;
- Proportion of waste that is recycled or re-used;
- The range of Enviro products that are availble to customers.
Make continous reductions in the:
- Level of emissions resulting from each delivery;
- Consumption of paper during processing operations;
- waste produced and energy consumed throughout operations;
- Environmental impact of product range and packaging.
This environmental policy provides a framework for setting, monitoring, reviewing and achieving our objectives, programmes and targets.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the environmental system is regularly reviewed by “Top Management” to ensure it remains appropriate and suitable to our business. The Environmental System is subject to both internal and external annual audits.
Changes to this Policy
This policy was published on 02/07/2020 and last updated on 15/11/2023.